- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a bowl, beat sugar, pumpkin, oil, eggs and water until well mixed. Combine remaining ingredients; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Pour into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake 75-80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews forPumpkin Pie Bread
"This is my favorite bread to make during the holidays. Once out of the oven I wrap foil over it until it cools off. It holds the moisture in and the edges don't get hard and crispy, then it's really easy to cut into thin slices. I also wrap finished loaves in foil and freeze them. Take them out the night before to defrost and again, it's easy to slice in the morning."
"I have made this several times and my family loves it. I won't even try different recipes."
"My family LOVES this treat. Am always proud to give as gifts!!"
"I was looking for a recipe to use up the 1/2 can of pumpkin I had leftover from another recipe. I halved the ingredients in this one to make one loaf and it was delicious! Very moist without being heavy. I will definitely make this again."
"Pumpkin bread has always been a family favorite and I've used several recipes over the years, but this one is the best and the only one I use now."
"Love this one! This is our favorite!"