Pumpkin Pecan Sundaes
My family enjoys anything with pumpkin so I knew this recipe would be well-received. Butter pecan ice cream is a perfect partner for the spiced pumpkin sauce.—Fancheon Resler, Bluffton, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups butter pecan ice cream
- 6 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and spices. Stir in pumpkin and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and remaining vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop ice cream into six dessert dishes. Top each with 1/4 cup pumpkin sauce and 1/3 cup whipped cream. Sprinkle with pecans.