Pumpkin Pecan Sundaes
My family enjoys anything with pumpkin so I knew this recipe would be well-received. Butter pecan ice cream is a perfect partner for the spiced pumpkin sauce.—Fancheon Resler, Bluffton, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups butter pecan ice cream
- 6 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and spices. Stir in pumpkin and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and remaining vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop ice cream into six dessert dishes. Top each with 1/4 cup pumpkin sauce and 1/3 cup whipped cream. Sprinkle with pecans.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 444 calories, 32g fat (15g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Pecan Sundaes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.