Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 65 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- PUMPKIN FILLING:
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, combine the pecans, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 3/4 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Spread over crust. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, milk, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt; pour over the cream cheese layer.
- Reduce heat to 350°. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted into pumpkin layer comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Sprinkle with pecans. Chill overnight. Remove sides of pan before cutting. Refrigerate leftovers.
Dec 18, 2014
I am making it as I write this. I put it in individual ramekins. Looks wonderful. Question is have you ever used the whole can of pumpkin which is 1-3/4 c.? Recipe calls for 1-1/4 c. which leaves 1/2 cup. I was wanting to use it but didn't know how to adjust the other ingredients.
Nov 9, 2012
This is EXCELLANT! I will make this again for sure! Even as a lower carb dessert.....I just cut down on the sugar!
Nov 23, 2010
Delicious. Satisfied the pumpkin pie lovers and the cheesecake lovers.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.