Pumpkin Pecan Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, sugar, oil and eggs until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended. Stir in pecans.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost cake. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 532 calories, 31g fat (9g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (46g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 28, 2011
I have made this cake 5 or 6 times. I have never seen people rave about a dessert this much. I bake them as cupcakes now because it is easier to serve. Everyone alwys wants 2 or 3. Definitely reccommend!
Oct 10, 2010
My friend who is an excellent cook raved about this cake when I made it for her Thanksgiving party.
Sep 11, 2009
This doesn't look like a makeover to me--31g of fat & over 500 calories? I'd cut the oil in half & sub. some egg whites for whole eggs as well.