- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) spice cake mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 36 pecan halves, cut into halves
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- ground cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, oil, cinnamon, baking soda and cloves. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Fill paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Press a pecan piece into each. Bake at 350° for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small mixing bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and vanilla. Gradually add confectioners' sugar. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Yield: About 6 dozen.
Reviews forPumpkin Pecan Bites
"These were a big hit both at home and at work. Quite simple to make."
"These were really good! Very moist, and everyone loved them!"
"These are absolutely wonderful. So moist and a different texture than the normal cupcake or muffin. Everyone LOVED them. I plan on making them again for an upcoming social."
"I used a different frosting that was lactose-free and substituted in gluten-free flours and they worked great. I also used freshly cooked pumpkin and fresh pineapple. These are addictingly good!"
"My husband says that this is the best cupcake I have made this year. Also took the cupcakes to a church group last night and they gave rave reviews such as...moist and tender and a delicate cross between muffin and cupcake...please bring more."
"Made these in mini-muffin pan. Were delicious. Brought some to work and got good reviews. I would add more cinnamon, cloves, etc. to get more intense flavor. Time consuming to frost mini's, but just the right size."
"Was a big hit at a jazzercise party. The pecan on top of the muffin made it. And the icing wasn't overly sweet."
"This was easy to make and delicious. The recipe made 96 minis for me. I frosted half and dusted powdered sugar on the other half. My guests loved them. I'm thinking that raisins would be a nice addition."
"I made them for cookie Sunay for church and they were a big hit. I used full cinnamon ad cloves. could have used a bit more pumpkin."