- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) spice cake mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 36 pecan halves, cut into halves
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- ground cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, oil, cinnamon, baking soda and cloves. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Fill paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Press a pecan piece into each. Bake at 350° for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small mixing bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and vanilla. Gradually add confectioners' sugar. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Yield: About 6 dozen.
Reviews forPumpkin Pecan Bites
"These were a big hit both at home and at work. Quite simple to make."
"These were really good! Very moist, and everyone loved them!"
"These are absolutely wonderful. So moist and a different texture than the normal cupcake or muffin. Everyone LOVED them. I plan on making them again for an upcoming social."
"My husband says that this is the best cupcake I have made this year. Also took the cupcakes to a church group last night and they gave rave reviews such as...moist and tender and a delicate cross between muffin and cupcake...please bring more."
"Made these in mini-muffin pan. Were delicious. Brought some to work and got good reviews. I would add more cinnamon, cloves, etc. to get more intense flavor. Time consuming to frost mini's, but just the right size."
"Was a big hit at a jazzercise party. The pecan on top of the muffin made it. And the icing wasn't overly sweet."
"I made them for cookie Sunay for church and they were a big hit. I used full cinnamon ad cloves. could have used a bit more pumpkin."
"Instant hit with everyone!"
"I only used a tsp of cinnamon and these turned out great. Everyone loved them"