Pumpkin Pear Bread Pudding
—Taste of Home Cooking School
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup sliced canned pears, drained and chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 loaf Rhodes™ Bread Dough, baked and cubed
- Whipped cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add the pumpkin, pears, milk, sugar and spices; mix well. Fold in bread cubes. Pour into a 9-in. square baking dish or springform pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Just before baking, combine streusel ingredients. Sprinkle over bread pudding. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream.
Sep 24, 2014
This is good. I did make a couple changes though. I have fresh pears, so I used those and I used regular bread, not the store bought bread dough. Very good, not overly sweet.