Pumpkin Pear Bread Pudding
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup sliced canned pears, drained and chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 loaf Rhodes™ Bread Dough, baked and cubed
- Whipped cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add the pumpkin, pears, milk, sugar and spices; mix well. Fold in bread cubes. Pour into a 9-in. square baking dish or springform pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Just before baking, combine streusel ingredients. Sprinkle over bread pudding. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 24, 2014
This is good. I did make a couple changes though. I have fresh pears, so I used those and I used regular bread, not the store bought bread dough. Very good, not overly sweet.