Pumpkin Patch Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, spices and baking powder; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Fold in pecans.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 220 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Oct 9, 2016
Love this recipe! It's good as written and even better with an add'l 1/2 tsp ginger and 1/2 cup raisins added.
Oct 3, 2016
This recipe is delicious just as is, though I have sometimes added other items such as raisins or mini semi-sweet chocolate chips. I consider this to be my go-to recipe for pumpkin bread.
Feb 1, 2015
I recall preparing this recipe when it was featured in Taste of Home. I'd used a 15-oz. can of solid pack pumpkin and I greased and floured my loaf pans: I'd used two 7-1/2"x3-1/2" greased and floured loaf pans OR 8x8x2" baking pan(s), greased and floured. This IS a great way to utilize canned pumpkin! delowenstein
Dec 17, 2008
A note to share...I double recipe, sometimes omitting pecans, and bake in three 8x4x2 inch loaf pans. Bakes in about an hour, but ovens may differ a bit so check after 45 minutes. Enjoy!!
Oct 29, 2008
This pumpkin bread was absolutely delicious. It was so moist, my entire family and friends enjoyed it so much, I've been asked to make a loaf for all of the holidays!
Oct 23, 2008
Pumpkin Bread sure doesn't get any better than this; moist and delicious. If you haven't tried it yet, do so. Not only is it a great snack, it goes well with any meal.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.