Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Brown Butter
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min./batch
Makes14 pancakes (1 cup butter)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- In a small heavy saucepan, cook butter over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add the maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, pumpkin and cheese. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with cinnamon butter.
Nutrition Facts2 pancakes with about 1/4 cup topping: 394 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 612mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Dec 28, 2017
The family liked these (I was more on the so-so side). Next time I would consider doubling the syrup ingredients as there didn't seem to be enough for us.
Jan 7, 2016
The syrup was absolutely delicious and will be used over and over and over again; however, the pancakes left much to be desired.
Nov 3, 2013
Didn't care for these.....bland, even though I added pumpkin pie spice as suggested. We too prefer the fluffy pancake to this dense pancake. Brown butter okay, nothing to say wow about. Maybe I did something wrong. We will not make these again.
Oct 31, 2013
Oct 31, 2013
I should've learned by now that you shouldn't mess with a good thing. As much as I love pumpkin, the plain old pancake sure beat this recipe. The pancake was bland and not worth the extra efforts.
Dec 16, 2012
Yum...this is a keeper. Family loved these scrumptious pancakes.
Nov 10, 2012
Oh, these are soo delicious! The syrup was too "buttery" tasting so I added two tablespoons of brown sugar; WOW!
Nov 8, 2012
We loved these pancakes! I left out the pecans & the ricotta cheese & they turned out great. We have hardly any leftovers. I would maybe double the syrup next time, however.
Nov 4, 2012
I really thought with all of those great reviews that these pancakes would be amazing, but I didn't think they had any flavor at all. We were all very disappointed. Also, the middle didn't cook very well.
Oct 25, 2012
Nothing healthy about this recipe!!!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.