Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon-Apple Topping Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add apple; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender. Stir in brown sugar, maple syrup and cinnamon; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- For pancakes, in a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, pie spice and salt. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, pumpkin and oil until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Stir in walnuts.
Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by scant 1/3 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with apple topping.
Freeze option: Prepare pancakes only. Freeze cooled pancakes between layers of waxed paper in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, place pancakes on an ungreased baking sheet, cover with foil and reheat in a preheated 375° oven 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare apple topping as directed; serve with pancakes. Yield: 8 pancakes (1 cup topping).
Reviews forPumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon-Apple Topping
"These were good. The apple topping really made the pancakes. I would recommend making additional topping."
"These were SO yummy. My family really enjoyed them. Make the Syrup, it's worth it!"
"I love pancakes, but am diabetic, so I am picky at what I eat, but I made these for my family and they loved them. So Pumpkin tasting. We loved them, I even had a couple. Wonderful."
"The pancakes were full of pumpkin flavor - we devoured them! I didn't make the apple topping this time, but will try it in the future. I left out the walnuts. I got 6 pancakes out of it. Update: made it again, this time with the apple topping, and it was beyond incredible! The apple and pumpkin flavors together are amazing!"