VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk, brown sugar, 4 tablespoons butter and salt to 110°-115°; set aside.
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in milk mixture. Add 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Beat until smooth. Add enough remaining all-purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Divide into 20 pieces; shape into balls. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes or until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Melt remaining butter; brush over dough. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 20 rolls.
Originally published as Pumpkin Dinner Rolls in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2006, p36
Reviews forPumpkin Pan Rolls
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2016
"The recipe is perfect the way it is, no adjustments to ingredients needed. I used 2 pans 8x8" and made 18 rolls. Soft and delicious. I will make these year round."