Pumpkin Mousse Pie with Gingersnap Crust
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups finely crushed gingersnap cookies (about 30 cookies)
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/4 cup butterscotch-caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix crushed cookies and chopped pecans; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 1 minute. Microwave on high for 30-40 seconds. Stir and let stand 1 minute or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- In a large saucepan, whisk brown sugar, cream and egg yolks until blended. Cook over low heat until a thermometer reads at least 160°, stirring constantly. (Do not allow to boil.) Remove from heat; stir in pumpkin, pie spice and gelatin mixture. Cool completely.
- Fold in whipped topping. Pour into crust; refrigerate until set. Drizzle with ice cream topping; sprinkle with pecans.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 516 calories, 32g fat (12g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 227mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Dec 14, 2013
We didn't find much flavor in this recipe, irregardless of their being 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice, etc. Will not make again, sorry!
Oct 1, 2013
It is very delicious and much more appealing especially to the guests who are not a fan of traditional pumpkin pie. It is light and flavorful and the perfect end to any fall gathering. Definitely a memorable and conversational treat!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.