Pumpkin Mousse Cheesecake
Fresh from the vine comes my merry after-dinner delight! The scrumptious pumpkin filling makes this cheesecake different from most, and the glaze adds a nice touch. It's a big hit among my family and friends.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + cooling Bake: 45 min. + chilling
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the pumpkin, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Return to baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. For glaze, melt chips and shortening in a small heavy saucepan or microwave; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cheesecake. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 251 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 142mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Mousse Cheesecake in Country Woman Christmas 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.