Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes
Every holiday there seems to be a little of every ingredient or side dish leftover. Last Thanksgiving, I created this recipe by adding some pumpkin to the mashed potatoes—it tasted great! Sweet potatoes would work well too, but we'd eaten all of them! —Pamela Shank, Parkersburg, West Virginia
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 12 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 4 pounds)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, until tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain; return to pan and stir over low heat 1 minute to dry. Mash potatoes, gradually adding remaining ingredients, until light and fluffy.