- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- Dash pepper
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt in oil until tender; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin, cream, sage, pepper and remaining salt.
- Spread 1/2 cup pumpkin sauce in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with three noodles (noodles will overlap slightly). Spread 1/2 cup pumpkin sauce to edges of noodles. Top with half of mushroom mixture, 1/2 cup ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles and sauce.
Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked lasagna. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375°. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPumpkin Lasagna
"I'm a huge pumpkin fan, so I loved this. I added some sage sausage to the mushrooms and used a little more mushrooms. So tasty!"
"I wanted something for Thanksgiving that was different so I decided to try this recipe. I can't say I'm a huge fan of pumpkin but I like it okay. This was super easy to put together and I have to tell you that every bite got better! I don't use half and half so I used Cinnamon creamer instead--I thought that might add to the recipe. Gotta say I was impressed with this!"
"Wonderful recipe. Great for fall! Very savory and satisfying!"
"This was actually very good. The pumpkin was not overwhelming. Would add more mushrooms next time."
"What a Pleasing recipe . Its so nice to have a new Lasagna recipe to turn too. I down sized it to feed just Hubby and myself. Didn't change a thing. I did pre cook the noodles and I felt that the pumpkin puree was perfect for spreading. I even had enough left over to serve on the side. I did use more of all of the cheese's and also the mushroom mixture. Going to try to come up with a formula for switching out the Noodles for Shells * Perfect appetizer for the Holidays* Talk about Impressive *JanieTaste of Home Volunteer Field Editor"
"The best, always looking for pasta recipes without tomatoes. I have a family member allergic to tomatoes."
"It's really tasty. I was surprised as to how good it tasted. I would use regular noodles, not no cook noodles."
"Loved this! I added sage breakfast sausage and doubled the ricotta and mozzarella. Definitely holding onto this one!"
"What a great Fall dish. My friends loved this and loved the simplicity! Making extra sauce is worth it and so delicious!"
"I'll stick with my old vegetarian lasagna recipe. This was a bit dry even though I didn't cook it as long as the recipe said. It's edible but not scrumptious."