Pumpkin Ice Cream Delight
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups pumpkin pie filling
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a large bowl, mix pie filling, pecans, sugar and vanilla until blended. Fold in ice cream. Transfer to an 8-in. square dish coated with cooking spray. Freeze, covered, 3-4 hours or until firm.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 320 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 19, 2012
One year I made this ice cream for a Thanksgiving dinner and it has become a holiday staple. I like to add a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice. Once, by mistake, I added the pecans before freezing and that turned out just fine, too.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.