Pumpkin Ice Cream Delight
Pumpkin Ice Cream Delight really appeals to those who might not like the traditional pie. You can make it ahead of time to have on hand when extra guests or unexpected guests arrive.—Dixie Terry,Goreville, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups pumpkin pie filling
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a large bowl, mix pie filling, pecans, sugar and vanilla until blended. Fold in ice cream. Transfer to an 8-in. square dish coated with cooking spray. Freeze, covered, 3-4 hours or until firm.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 320 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Delights in Taste of Home October/November 2006
Dec 19, 2012
One year I made this ice cream for a Thanksgiving dinner and it has become a holiday staple. I like to add a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice. Once, by mistake, I added the pecans before freezing and that turned out just fine, too.