Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Baked pita chips
- Assorted fresh vegetables, optional
- Place the first eight ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Serve with chips and vegetables as desired.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 173 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 2, 2013
I love lemon but in the future will reduce the amount used in this recipe. It was a little overwhelming.
Mar 9, 2012
First of all, I halved the recipe. I substituted white kidney beans for the garbanzo beans (didn't have them), and Greek yogurt for the tahini (didn't have it). I added 2 tsp flaxseed meal to make up for the nutty flavor lost with the tahini (and to thicken it). Used sweet hot sauce and a dash of tabasco. My daughter and I liked this with veggie dippers. Next time I'll follow recipe exactly to see if we like it even more. I like all the healthy ingredients!!