Pumpkin Gingersnap Parfaits
Enjoy these lovely, light parfaits as an unforgettable finale to your holiday feast. The spiced rum adds a fun new flavor to the mix. —Lorri Hazen, Twin Falls, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1-1/3 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 package (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup spiced rum or Amaretto, optional
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup crumbled gingersnap cookies (about 20 cookies)
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in rum if desired. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form.
- Just before serving, spoon half of the pumpkin mixture into six parfait glasses. Top with half of the whipped cream and half of the crumbled cookies. Repeat layers.
Nutrition Facts1 parfait: 483 calories, 35g fat (19g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 196mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Gingersnap Parfait in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.