Enjoy these lovely, light parfaits as an unforgettable finale to your holiday feast. The spiced rum adds a fun new flavor to the mix. —Lorri Hazen, Twin Falls, Idaho
Featured In: 18 Recipes for Rum Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/3 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 package (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup spiced rum or Amaretto, optional
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup crumbled gingersnap cookies (about 20 cookies)
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in rum if desired. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form.
- Just before serving, spoon half of the pumpkin mixture into six parfait glasses. Top with half of the whipped cream and half of the crumbled cookies. Repeat layers. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Gingersnap Parfaits in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p165