Pumpkin-Gingerbread Thumbprint Cookies
These cookies are the result of a recipe inspiration and an afternoon spent experimenting in the kitchen with my daughters. I took the cookies to a meeting and they were a hit. So yummy with a cup of coffee! —Jennifer Needham, Woodstock, Georgia
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread cake/cookie mix
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 to 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 54 milk chocolate kisses
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine cookie mix, hot water and butter. Stir in pumpkin. In a small bowl, whisk flour and pie spice; gradually stir into mixture. Shape dough into 1-in. balls.
- 2. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press a deep indentation in center of each with your thumb. Bake until set, 6-8 minutes. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into center of each cookie. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
1 cookie: 66 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Sep 29, 2019These are pretty good. I found the batter to be very sticky and hard to handle, and I had a hard time making a thumbprint. It would be best to chill for a little bit before making them into balls I think. They are tasty and fun for the Fall or for Christmas.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC