Pumpkin-Gingerbread Thumbprint Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 4-1/2 dozen
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread cake/cookie mix
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 to 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 54 milk chocolate kisses
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine cookie mix, hot water and butter. Stir in pumpkin. In a small bowl, whisk flour and pie spice; gradually stir into mixture. Shape dough into 1-in. balls.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press a deep indentation in center of each with your thumb. Bake until set, 6-8 minutes. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into center of each cookie. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 66 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 29, 2019
These are pretty good. I found the batter to be very sticky and hard to handle, and I had a hard time making a thumbprint. It would be best to chill for a little bit before making them into balls I think. They are tasty and fun for the Fall or for Christmas.