These cookies are the result of a recipe inspiration and an afternoon spent experimenting in the kitchen with my daughters. I took the cookies to a meeting and they were a hit. So yummy with a cup of coffee! —Jennifer Needham, Woodstock, Georgia
Recommended: 35 Cookie Recipes You Need in Your Collection
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread cake/cookie mix
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 to 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 58 milk chocolate kisses
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine cookie mix, hot water and butter. Stir in pumpkin. In a small bowl, whisk flour and pie spice; gradually stir into mixture. Shape dough into 1-in. balls.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Press a deep indentation in center of each with your thumb. Bake 6-8 minutes or until set. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into center of each cookie. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Pumpkin Gingerbread Thumbprint Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p158