Each one of these creamy, heartwarming treats is like a bite-sized pumpkin pie. —Kathleen Henne, Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling
Makes3 pounds (117 servings)
- 1 teaspoon plus 3/4 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package (11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped almonds or pecans, toasted
- Line a 13x9-in. pan with foil. Butter foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, milk, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and remaining butter. Cook over medium heat until candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage), stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the chips, marshmallow creme and vanilla until smooth. Stir in nuts. Pour into prepared pan. Cool completely.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteWe recommend that you test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil; the thermometer should read 212°. Adjust your recipe temperature up or down based on your test.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 60 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 14mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Fudge in Holiday Cookies & Candies 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.