Pumpkin Freeze with Mincemeat Recipe
I love serving this recipe at fall gatherings, especially Thanksgiving. After a bountiful meal, a refreshing dessert like this one is always appreciated. —Donna Gonda, North Canton, Ohio
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- MINCEMEAT SAUCE:
- 1 package (9 ounces) condensed mincemeat
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and cloves. Fold in ice cream. Fill individual molds or foil-lined muffin cups. Cover and freeze for 24 hours.
- 2. For sauce, crumble mincemeat into a saucepan; add water. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a rolling boil; boil for 1 minute. Cool to room temperature. Stir in apricot nectar and orange peel. Unmold pumpkin mixture or remove foil from cups. Serve over mincemeat sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 315 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 304mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Freeze with Mincemeat
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC