Pumpkin Freeze with Mincemeat
I love serving this recipe at fall gatherings, especially Thanksgiving. After a bountiful meal, a refreshing dessert like this one is always appreciated. —Donna Gonda, North Canton, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- MINCEMEAT SAUCE:
- 1 package (9 ounces) condensed mincemeat
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and cloves. Fold in ice cream. Fill individual molds or foil-lined muffin cups. Cover and freeze for 24 hours.
- For sauce, crumble mincemeat into a saucepan; add water. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a rolling boil; boil for 1 minute. Cool to room temperature. Stir in apricot nectar and orange zest.
- Unmold pumpkin mixture or remove foil from cups. Serve with mincemeat sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 315 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 304mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Ice Cream Molds in Taste of Home October/November 2005