- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons eggnog
- 1 tablespoon canned pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, yeast, salt and 2 cups flour. In a small saucepan, heat eggnog, butter and pumpkin to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Add eggs; beat on high 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, cardamom and allspice. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into an 18x12-in. rectangle. Brush with butter to within 1/2 in. of edges; sprinkle with sugar mixture. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan, cut side down. Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake rolls 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, eggnog, pumpkin and cardamom until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth. Spread over warm rolls. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forPumpkin Eggnog Rolls
"These turned out amazing! I doubled the amount of pumpkin and added some cardamom and nutmeg in the dough and it turned out great! I've made cinnamon rolls for several years. I decided to try these because I love pumpkin flavor and the recipe appealed to me. Everyone that tried them was super-impressed, several said they were the best rolls they have ever had. The pumpkin eggnog frosting really adds to the flavor. Looking forward to making these several more times this season!"
"WOW these are truly amazing!!! Made these today for our Sunday breakfast and as my son put it....they were the bomb! I did substitute milk for the eggnog, since I didn't have any. This will be made over and over again!"
"I made these today and I must say, I love them! My daughter liked them too, and she doesn't really care for pumpkin. I will definitely be making these again. They are sweet enough to satisfy a sweet tooth craving, yet not too sweet or too rich. A nice change from the cinnamon roll. Working up the dough was a snap for me since I am blessed with a Kitchen Aid."