Pumpkin Drop Cookies
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- CINNAMON FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Beat in the pumpkin, eggs and milk. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, allspice and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Frost cookies. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 63 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Sep 29, 2018
They are delicious, but do not seem like a cookie. They taste more like a really good muffin or breakfast rolls. If I made them again, it would be serve at breakfast with coffee.
Jan 27, 2017
These were so good! I used rice flour instead. Turned out great.
Oct 29, 2015
These are my favorite fall holiday cookies! I make them every year. My son requested them for his birthday "cake". It makes a large batch so I freeze some of the cookies before the are frosted to save for later. If you want to use them all at once make 1-1/2 batch of frosting.
Sep 27, 2014
Still my husband's favorite fall cookie! The aroma in my kitchen is heavenly. Super easy recipe with awesome, flavorful outcome...thanks for sharing!
Aug 27, 2014
I've made hundreds of these little gems for family, friends, camping trips, fundraisers... you name it. They are amazing! The perfect fall treat. I use unsalted butter in place of the shortening.
Dec 4, 2012
These are so yummy! The frosting is the best part.
Oct 1, 2012
These are my go-to pumpkin cookies. They are always a hit and I always get asked for the recipe.
Dec 23, 2011
I must have done something wrong (maybe too much flour?) because these came out with the taste and texture of cinnamon pancakes. Not bad, but not at all what I expected.
Dec 16, 2011
My daughter and I have made this recipe several times now. These cookies are always a hit. We add chocolate chips to them and leave the frosting off; although, I have used the frosting on gingerbread cake with great success.
Nov 22, 2010
These were a huge hit. I'm usually a chocolate - only person, but even I can't stop eating these.