- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (30 ounces) pumpkin pie filling
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, butter and one egg until crumbly. Set aside 2/3 cup for topping. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a mixing bowl, beat the remaining eggs. Add pie mix and milk; pour over crust.
- Combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over pumpkin layer. Bake at 350° for 45-50 min or until top is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled before cutting. Yield: Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forPumpkin Dessert
"I suspect something was not quite right when I did the recipe. Although I have re-read it several time, and did not mess up the ingrediants. When I added the cake mix, MELTED butter and egg- it became very batter like, not crumbs. I used a Duncan Hines mix. So, I added a couple table spoons of Bisquick to try and make it more crumbly. I am sure that was a mistake. I am thinking that is should have been softened butter to make crumbs. Oh well, it is ok-but I think it would have been better with a shortbread crumb like texture."
"This is the BEST mistake I ever made! I mistakenly purchased 'pumpkin pie filling' instead of pumpkin puree. I made this dessert so as not to waste the purchase. I'm glad I did! It was a hit. They make a great dessert topped with whipped cream but can also be cut nicely into squares and served on a cookie platter or at a bunch. This recipe works equally well with yellow, butter or spice cake mix. Using a carrot cake mix added extra color diversity because of he little specs of carrots in the mix, looked very fall like. I will be making this "mistake" for many years to come!!"
"let it cool just a bit and then eat it warm with some whipped cream!"
"I love this recipe, I make this recipe for my God Son's Boy scotts bake sale and they sold like crazy. Now my family is asking me to make them every year. Thank you so much."
"i'm pretty much a fan of ANYTHING pumpkin, but this one was gone in seconds! Not even a square for me 2 take home =("
"I have made these for 6 years now, and they are a big favorite with our family. Everyone who has tried them loves them!!! My husband's favorite dessert!"
"I thought the pumpkin filling part was a bit bland, but these were a HUGE hit at work. I'd definately make them again!"
"Absolutely delicious!! The first time I made these, I took them to a potluck. Everyone was begging me for the recipe."