Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat shortening until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition (mixture will appear curdled). Beat in syrup and milk. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, ginger and allspice; add to shortening mixture and beat just until moistened. Stir in pumpkin and pineapple.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 303 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 13, 2018
I should have listened to amandaleesellers. These cupcakes were awful! Mine sank as well and the flavor was horrible. I feel so bad because my grandson helped make these and he was so excited to try them. What a complete waste of time. I am deleting this recipe from my recipe box immediately.
Sep 29, 2013
These cupcakes were terrible. They did not round up but, rather, actually sank. They had no taste and a weird texture. I never waste food, but these actually went in the garbage.
Nov 3, 2012
My entire family enjoyed these cupcakes last holiday season when I first came upon this recipe. They are so moist and almost muffin like which was very delightful.
Oct 30, 2012
Cooked them 24 minutes, toothpick came out clean... then the centers fell. They're mushy and tasteless. I followed the recipe, not sure what happened...
Jan 19, 2012
So fragrant and delcious!
Oct 30, 2011
I had high expectations for this recipe but was very disappointed. The cupcake was very bland. The cream cheese frosting was the saving grace. I would never make this recipe again.
Oct 29, 2011
I would like to make this recipe, but I don't know how much pumpkin to use. What size of can?
Oct 20, 2011
im going to make these during halloween.but i will not add pineapple to it. justthe pumpkin and the rest of the dry ingrients
Oct 18, 2011
Very tasty, especially with the crushed pineapple! These were very much enjoyed by all in my house. My only complaint was that the frosting was thinner than it looks in the picture, but that worked out for the best because they tasted better with less icing.
Nov 20, 2010
Delicious! It's easy to substitute gluten-free flours too without sacrificing the goodness. I loved that they kept all week in my fridge and still taste fresh.