Pumpkin Cupcakes with Spiced Frosting
My aunt makes the most delicious pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving. But my kids prefer cupcakes for dessert, so I created these for all the youngsters at our holiday table! —Aimee Shugarman, Liberty Township, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 36 pieces candy corn
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 12 muffin cups with paper or foil liners. Beat first six ingredients until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture.
- Fill prepared cups two-thirds full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Mix frosting, whipped topping and cinnamon. Pipe or spoon onto cupcakes; top with candy corn. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 cupcake: 359 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes with Cool Whip Frosting in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.