Pumpkin Cream Trifle
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant cheesecake pudding mix
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping.
- Cut cake into 1-in. cubes. In a 3-qt. glass serving bowl or trifle bowl, layer a third of the cake cubes, pudding mixture, pecans and toffee bits. Repeat layers twice. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 333 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 406mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 27, 2014
Outstanding! I wanted a Thanksgiving dessert that was a little different but still had a seasonal flavor, and this fits the bill perfectly. It's yummy, and not too heavy to serve after a big meal. I made it a day ahead of time for the sake of convenience, and I followed the recipe exactly, including toasting the pecans. I wouldn't change a thing ... except maybe to try some of the variations that Gayle suggests above.
Feb 18, 2012
um.. YUM!! The flavors are delicious, I didn't even add the toffee bits. Makes a nice presentation in a trifle bowl and so easy.
Apr 18, 2010
Just found this recipe and can't wait to try it. I am an absolute pumpkin fanatic and between the spice cake with pumpkin and cream cheese pudding, I'm pretty sure I'd be in Heaven with this one! Thanks for the recipe!
Nov 29, 2009
This is the best dessert recipe! It looks so impressive in a trifle bowl but is very simple to make. I have made this several times during the past three years and I get rave reviews every time. I took it to a potluck last week and I can't tell you how many times I have been asked for the recipe!
Nov 19, 2009
This is a great dessert and a hit with both adults and kids at any party. It's very easy to put together, but looks and tastes fancy. Wonderful!
Nov 3, 2009
I made this last Thanksgiving. One guest commented that it was the best thing he ever put in his mouth. It is a delicious and beautiful dessert. I will be serving it again this Thanksgiving.
Oct 25, 2009
People were licking the bowl - REALLY licking the bowl.