Pumpkin Cream Cheese
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 5 min./batch
Makes3-1/2 cups (about 4-1/2 dozen cutouts)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 5 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 sheets refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar, pumpkin, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and ginger; beat until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Roll out pie pastry on a lightly floured surface to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. autumn-shaped cookie cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Reroll scraps if desired. Combine sugar and remaining cinnamon; sprinkle over cutouts.
- Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks. Serve with pumpkin dip.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 207 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 30, 2009
I made this for my Women's Fellowship group. Everyone loved it! It was a big hit and several people e-mailed the next day for the recipe. I have made it several times since. It now is a Fall classic for company.