Pumpkin Cranberry Nut Bread
This bread has a terrific combination of flavors that's perfect for the holidays. I like to make and freeze loaves to share with friends and neighbors.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (12 slices each)
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin and orange zest (mixture will appear curdled). Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder; add to pumpkin mixture just until moistened. Fold in walnuts and cranberries.
- Pour into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 173 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Cranberry Nut Bread in Best of Country Breads