This bread has a terrific combination of flavors that's perfect for the holidays. I like to make and freeze loaves to share with friends and neighbors.
Recommended: 50 Cranberry Recipes That'll Brighten Up Your Plate
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin and orange peel (mixture will appear curdled). Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder; add to pumpkin mixture just until moistened. Fold in walnuts and cranberries.
- Pour into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Originally published as Pumpkin Cranberry Nut Bread in Best of Country Breads 2000, p31
Reviews forPumpkin Cranberry Nut Bread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2012
"I loved the bread. It tasted great."
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2010
"very dry and lacking in flavor. I will not make it again."