Pumpkin-Cranberry Breakfast Bake
I love trying new ways to use pumpkin. This bread pudding was a hit with my family for a weekend breakfast. —Megan Crandall, Gardnerville, Nevada
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) brioche, cut into 1-in. cubes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Maple syrup
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cranberries and walnuts. Whisk together next 11 ingredients until blended; pour over bread. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, until puffed, golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve with syrup.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 303 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Cranberry Bread Pudding in Breakfast & Brunch 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.