Pumpkin Cranberry Bread Pudding Recipe
- 8 slices cinnamon bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. Place bread in a greased 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Combine the next eight ingredients; stir in cranberries. Pour over bread cubes. Cook, covered, on low until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 3-4 hours.
- 2. For sauce, bring granulated sugar and water to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook until sugar is dissolved and mixture turns golden amber, about 20 minutes. Gradually stir in cream until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm with bread pudding. If desired, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to each serving. Yield: 8 servings (1-1/3 cups sauce).
1 serving: 479 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 237mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Cranberry Bread Pudding
"I could eat ANYTHING pumpkin & be happy. This was so easy to make."
"oops ... cooked almost 4 hours and was using cornwaring casserole dishes. Probably could have cooked at higher temp but did not want to burn! Keeps extremely well in refrig too..."
"Make-over ... I doubled the receipe and baked in a 9x13 casserole (made 2 for meals-on-wheels) baked at 325 for 2-1/2 hours.Since I could not find plain cinnamon bread I used Roman Meal and increased cinnamon to 1 tablespoon. Did not want any left-over pumpkin so used the entire 29oz can. Since I decided not to make sauce and had the half & half used 1 cup milk and 1 cup half & half.Used part dried cranberries and part fresh in one; and used all fresh in the other -- the all fresh was much better. If I used dry again I would definitely hydrate them before using.Will definitely use this again since it was well received -- even a couple of volumteers helping took some of the leftovers!!! Thanks for sharing & I will definitely try in the slow cooker when I don't need to serve 41 folks!"
"Very nice warming dessert. I left the cranberries out cuz I don't really care for them. Also I think it needs a bit more of a crunch so I think next time I'll add nuts."
"This was easy and delicious! I loved the fact that you could put it in the slow cooker ahead of time and then forget about it! I cooked mine for 3.5 hours and one side did get a little burnt, so I would probably only do 3 hours next time. Our only problem was the sauce - it never turned amber, and eventually clumped up into wet sugar, so we used caramel ice cream topping instead. Will definitely be a go-to recipe for a fall dessert."