Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add pumpkin; mix well. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat the frosting ingredients until light and fluffy. Frost cookies. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews forPumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
"Best pumpkin cookie receipe!! I have tried them all and finally found the best one."
"Made these today, one word.... AHHHMAZING!!! Honestly, so delicious, so soft. My daughter and husband dropped in and couldn't keep their hands out of them! Daughter wants the recipe for her cookie exchange!"
"Delicious! Texture was delicious, fluffy and soft. My family devoured them. Instead of 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon I added 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. I also cheated and used a can of cream cheese frosting. All in all delicious. I will be making again, especially since my husband just ate them all..."
"Made these with my 3 year old and 21 mo old grandsons. Took us a long time. Lol!! But my!! what a great time we had. We used the pumpkin spice in place of the cinnamon, left the walnuts out (allergies) and the cookies were AWESOME. Maybe not perfectly round and all the same size though. We printed this recipe off and will make them again. We are making small packages for them to give as gifts. Oh and we made a double batch because of all the excellent reviews. Glad we did."
"These are outstanding!! We made a double batch to give to our neighbors, and ended up making 5 more batches to take to various functions and for home munching. This recipe will definitely be a new seasonal tradition at our house! The only thing I did differently was use pumpkin pie spice instead of the cinnamon, and I added a pinch of salt to the icing."
"THESE WERE AWESOME"
"easy to make with grand-kids"
"I really dislike the taste of pumpkin but these cookies are worth having a second bite. My only complaint is that I followed the directions to a "T" and even with extending time in the oven, they are very soft and mushy."
"I took these cookies to work and several people asked for the recipe. Very good!!"