Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, 1/4 cup sugar, yeast and salt. In a saucepan, heat water, milk and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Beat in egg. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Add the pumpkin, cinnamon, salt, ginger and nutmeg. Punch dough down; turn onto a floured surface. Roll into a 20x10-in. rectangle; spread pumpkin mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with nuts and raisins. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch ends together to form a ring. Place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Brush dough with egg yolk. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. For glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm ring. Sprinkle with nuts.
1 slice: 217 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.