- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 to 2 tablespoons orange juice
- In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, sugar, milk, eggs, orange juice, oil, maple flavoring and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flours, flaxseed, orange zest, baking powder, cornstarch, poppy seeds, pie spice, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk the confectioners' sugar, orange zest and enough juice to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews forPumpkin-Citrus Tube Cake
"I substituted the eggs with 1 ripe Banana and used oatmilk to make this cake vegan, and it was absolutely gorgeous. I will definitely make it again and again in the pumpkin season. A really good choice to use my last pumpkin of 2017 for!@zucchinilady, I know it is years late, but you can just skip that small amount of flaxseed. You could also use chia-seeds instead if you have those at home."
"So good and healthy too! It was gone in one day."
"was interested until I got to the flaxseed/ didn't want to buy just to use for this recipe/ could it be replaced with something else?"
"There is a lot of interesting flavours and textures plus makes a moist cake."
"prep time was more than 20 min. the batter seemed too thin. the cake did not rise,therefore was very heavy! not good very disappointed!!"