Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- CARAMEL FROSTING:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour and yeast; set aside. In a saucepan, heat and stir pumpkin, milk, sugar, 2 tablespoons butter and salt until warm (120°-130°) and butter is almost melted. Add to flour/yeast mixture along with egg. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough. Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour. Roll into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Melt remaining butter; brush on dough. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Roll dough, jelly roll style, starting with the longer side. Cut into 12 slices, 1 in. each. Place rolls, cut side down, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. For frosting, melt butter in a saucepan; stir in brown sugar and milk. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 1 minute. Stir in vanilla, salt and 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar; beat until well blended. Add more sugar, if necessary, to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over rolls. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 245 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
"This is the best I've ever tasted. My family will be eating this come Thanksgiving"
"Had these at a grandparents day event. They had all kinds of desserts and this was the best. Found the person that made these and asked for the recipe and was told it was a Taste of Home recipie. Love this recipe."
"These are divine. The pumpkin gives them a pretty color. Like other reviewers, I doubled the pumpkin. I used the dough setting on my bread maker, adding the wet ingredients first as my machine likes. I added the last half cup of flour as the dough mixed."
"Very yummy and moist - thanks for sharing!"
"Made according to the recipe, these were good. When I brushed the rolls with a butter/sugar mixture, and then added some homemade cream cheese icing instead of the caramel frosting, they were amazing"
"These cinnamon rolls are pretty, tasty and absolutely wonderful! Although it doesn't have a pumpkin taste, it is still tasty. My siblings are asking me to make them again!"
"I made these and my 6 year old could not get enough of them and friends loved them. The only thing I did different was due to every one saying they did not taste like pumpkin I put cream cheese frosting with pumpkin pie spice in it. They tasted great and my husband said it tasted like pumpkin pie. I used the recipe from https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Pumpkin-Spice-Cupcakes-with-Cream-Cheese-Frosting in stead of cinnamon I used the pumpkin pie spice. Loved it!"
"Love them!! Have made twice so far!"
"Very good. The pumpkin flavour isn't strong but it makes them so moist and pretty. Everyone loved them."
"If you have trouble with the frosting not sticking or shattering it is because you need to put the frosting on while the rolls are still warm."
"This is a nice change of pace for cinnamon rolls. From the caramel frosting to the light pumpkin flavor that wasn't over powering. Great for a special occasion."
"The pumpkin does not have enough flavor (i.e. any), but offered a nice color to the rolls. The icing was very brittle and shattered when eaten; nice taste, but different texture than what we expect from cinnamon rolls.All that said, my 2 year old happily ate 2 of them."
"I am making these right now since my family loved them so much the first time. I like the caramel icing these have, more than traditional white icing."
"This is it! I've been searching for a cinnamon roll recipe for ages and I will never part from this one! bake THEM!"
"How crazy, I just made a pumpkin cinnamon roll cake the other day then I stumbled upon this post! =) It was totally delicious, but I'll definitely check out this recipe. Thanks! "
"Excellent! I used almost twice the amount of pumpkin."
"I totally make these every fall. My husband,and kids love these. The pumpkin flavor isn't to strong everyone just loves them."