Pumpkin-Chorizo Bow Ties
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups uncooked multigrain bow tie pasta
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked chorizo chicken sausage links or other spicy chicken sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook and stir for 4-6 minutes or until browned. Stir in half-and-half, pumpkin, cheese blend, garlic powder and pepper flakes; heat through.
- Drain pasta. Add to sausage mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 506 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 732mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 6g fiber), 32g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 31, 2016
Made this last night. The chorizo I used was a little too spicy, so I'll have to tone it down some next time. Agree with another reviewer that the sauce needed to be thinned down. My daughter who loves hot foods loved this recipe.
Oct 7, 2014
Made this the other night. Quick, easy and oh so good. I used fresh spicy sausage and took it out of the casing to cook. Had to thin it out a bit with more half and half because sauce was to thick. Will definitely make this again. A keeper.