- 3 cups uncooked multigrain bow tie pasta
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked chorizo chicken sausage links or other spicy chicken sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook and stir for 4-6 minutes or until browned. Stir in half-and-half, pumpkin, cheese blend, garlic powder and pepper flakes; heat through.
- Drain pasta. Add to sausage mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPumpkin-Chorizo Bow Ties
"Made this last night. The chorizo I used was a little too spicy, so I'll have to tone it down some next time. Agree with another reviewer that the sauce needed to be thinned down. My daughter who loves hot foods loved this recipe."