Pumpkin-Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Who can resist a sky-high stack of golden, fluffy pancakes? Pumpkin and chocolate chips take them over the top! —Libby Walp, Chicago, IL
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 2-1/3 cups pancake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Additional miniature semisweet chocolate chips and honey
- In a large bowl, combine pancake mix, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk, pumpkin, butter and honey; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with additional chocolate chips and honey.
Nutrition Facts3 pancakes: 422 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 844mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 5g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Studded Honey Pumpkin Griddle Cakes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016