Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
This recipe was devised a long time ago by a mother who helped a group of first graders prepare a treat in class. There were enough ingredients for each child to lend a helping hand. Through the last 20 years, I enhanced and revised the recipe. Adults and children alike love it!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter. Gradually add sugar, eggs and pumpkin. Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture and blend well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Pour into a greased and floured 9x5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until loaf tests done. Cool on a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over cooled bread.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 214 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 146mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 29, 2017
This bread is super moist and tasty!!
Jan 16, 2012
Very mild flavor considering all the spices that are in it, but otherwise delish! I baked it for 60 minutes. Did not do drizzle but it looks nice!
Sep 14, 2009
Use pecans instead of walnuts.