- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter. Gradually add sugar, eggs and pumpkin. Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture and blend well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until loaf tests done. Cool on a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over cooled bread. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews forPumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
"This bread is super moist and tasty!!"
"Very mild flavor considering all the spices that are in it, but otherwise delish! I baked it for 60 minutes. Did not do drizzle but it looks nice!"
"Use pecans instead of walnuts."