Pumpkin Chip Loaf
This is a family favorite Mom made during the holidays. Once we smelled the wonderful aroma of this spiced pumpkin bread baking, we could hardly wait for her to slice it! —Michele McFie, Salem, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 65 min.
Makes1 loaf (16 slices)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and pumpkin. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, ginger and cloves; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips and walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 239 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Chip Loaf in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.