"I love chocolate, so I experiment with it in many recipes," writes Shirley Glaab from Hattiesburg, Mississippi. "The miniature semisweet chips in this tender bread are wonderful with the cranberries, pumpkin and spices."
Recommended: 50 Cozy Bakes That Begin With Canned Pumpkin
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, ground ginger, nutmeg and cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Combine the eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Transfer to two greased and floured 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes our clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Pumpkin Chip Bread in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p47
Reviews forPumpkin Chip Bread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 13, 2013
"this is a great recipe i have made it several times everyone loved it"