Pumpkin Chiffon Torte
"After a sumptuous holiday meal, this light and tasty dessert is perfect," notes Lynn Kumm of Osmond, Nebraska.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup finely crushed gingersnaps (about 24)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 enveloped unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine gelatin and milk; let stand for 5 minutes. Heat milk mixture to just below boiling; remove from the heat. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Add the pumpkin, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves; mix well. Fold in whipped topping. Pour over crust. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- Remove sides of pan just before serving. Garnish with additional whipped topping if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 138 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Pumpkin Chiffon Torte in Taste of Home December/January 2000