A nice alternative to traditional pie, this layered pumpkin dessert is a big hit during the holidays. I get many requests to bring it to gatherings.
Recommended: 50 Vintage Desserts Worth Trying Today
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, optional
- In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs. Spoon over crust. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and center is set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Beat in pumpkin and cinnamon. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over filling. Carefully spread with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with pecans if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Chiffon Dessert in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2006, p51
Reviews forPumpkin Chiffon Dessert
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2016
"This was delicious! Not too strong of a pumpkin flavor... just right. This is a must try recipe!"