- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (16 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, beat eggs, pumpkin and oil until smooth; add to the dry ingredients. Mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For sauce, combine brown sugar, flour and salt in a saucepan. Stir in water and butter; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cut cake into squares and serve with warm sauce. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forPumpkin Cake with Caramel Sauce
"This cake and sauce were fantastic! I love pumpkin and caramel, and put them together and you've got a real winner!! I served this to guests and they loved it, too. Can't wait til tomorrow when I can have another piece!!"
"This is soooo good! Excellent recipe."
"I made this for my family, we all love pumpkin. It was easy to make, with handy ingredients and my kids loved it. A big hit for us. The kids are already asking me to make it again."
"Wow, this is a TERRIFIC recipe! I recently tried it and took it to work with me, where it got rave reviews and people begged me to make them one. So yummy!"
"Wonderfully delicious!!! I put this in a bundt cake pan and it turned out awesome. Also added some maple syrup in the carmel sauce and my husband couldn't get enough! Moist and wonderful - DEFINITELY a keeper!"
"EXCELLENT!!!!!!! Was SO delicious:) Will def make again...."